Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday Moment: Mandala Yarn by Lion Brand

Happy Monday everyone!


What a day!  I was expecting my students to be hard to wake up after prom this weekend, but they had other plans in store.  They were up and moving and they kept me on my toes all day!

Can I collapse now?

Anyway, I've been wanting to start a new feature on this blog for a while and I've come up with the idea for Monday Moment.  This feature is meant to be a simple, short explosion of either excitement or an accident.  Monday Moments may include joy over new found yarn, or tears and sadness and doom and gloom after I royally screw up a project.

Today I want to  take a moment and mention a yarn that a lot of people are talking about and that I have fallen absolutely in love with: Mandala by Lion Brand.  And no, they did not ask for a review.  These are just my thoughts because I love this yarn and want to blab it to the world from my big mouth to your listening ears.

This is a wonderful fingering weight yarn that is self-striping and available in 20 different colorways!  OMG!  So many!  And, after buying ALL of them (a big thanks to my boyfriend for not abandoning me in Walmart as I scoured the shelves for each one) I can honestly say that there isn't one that I don't like.  Normally, I dislike pinks, yellows, and neutral colors but they all look so nice!

Not only are the colors super cute, but the yarn is completely machine washer and dryer safe.  LION BRAND WINS ME OVER AGAIN!

I'm sitting here trying to think of an actual con to this yarn, but at $5 for 590 yards, I really can't!

In fact, I love it so much that I built the entire Ethereal Collection around this yarn!  You can see the effects of the yarn in my pictured items.

Well, I believe I've taken up my Moment for this Monday.  I'll see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment