Thursday, July 13, 2017

Knit Ponchos, Wraps, and Scarves by Jane Davis

About the Book


Knit Ponchos, Wraps, and Scarves by Jane Davis

I borrowed this book from the library.  Neither the author nor the publisher requested or is associated with this review.


GoodReads Description


Knit scarves are the hottest new fashion accessory! Answering the demand for new scarf, poncho and shawl ideas, this new book provides 35 fun, contemporary projects knitters can create quickly and easily, many featuring popular novelty yarns. Knit Ponchos, Wraps & Scarves explores various techniques for knitting, ranging from cables with color work to embellishing with beads and embroidery. Each section features a number of progressive projects ranging from beginner, to intermediate, to expert. This book offers something for every knitter and gives beginners a chance to improve their skills as they undertake each new project!


My Thoughts

This book is a wonderful resource for brand new knitters and experienced individuals.  I loved the vast majority of the patterns in this book, although there were a few that I could never picture anyone wearing.  To each their own, I guess.  

My favorite thing about this book was the amount of designing information that Davis packs in.  This wasn't just a book about her patterns and her goal to teach her readers was done very well.  The diagrams that she includes are well-labeled.  The best part?  She shows her readers how to change her patterns into ponchos in order to make their own designs!  I love that she took the time to inspire her audience to be creative as well.

The photography in this book clearly took some time!  The author made sure that different projects were shown in a variety of ways. This really helped me to think up some designs of my own.

Finally, the patterns are well-written.  Some reviewers have said that the pattern on page 109 is confusing, but everything on that page made complete sense to me.

I look forward to using the information in this book to create my own patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment