Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Welcome!

Hello!  My name is Jessa and I would like to take some time to tell you about my Etsy shop, Gillywing Creates which you can see here.  The following is the story of how this blog began.

Inspired by strong women; made for strong women.

I've heard that you should never meet your hero. That isn't the way that things worked out for me. My hero not only gave birth to me, but was a wonderful example of how to get through the challenges of family deaths, illnesses, and more with a smile on your face and courage in your heart. In addition to passing on her strength, my mom passed down her knowledge of knitting and crocheting. Oftentimes, we would sit down to a movie together just to have time to craft and bond. This started when I was in elementary school and has continued into the present. I may live five hours from her now, but I still call home if I need any crafting questions answered.

While I was in college, I realized that I wanted to do more with my crafts than simply make them and set them on a shelf. I wanted to find some way to pass on the strength, confidence, and self-esteem that my mother passed on to me. Out of this idea, Gillywing Creates was born. Mom and I are both represented in my logo (blue for mom, green for me) and in the shop's name (Mom loves owls, I love betta fish). The mission of my shop is to create hand knit and crochet accessories that will encourage self-esteem, self-acceptance, and confidence in women today. I believe that all women are strong and that this strength of heart, body, will, and mind should be held to the highest regard. Therefore, I invite you to look through the items in my shop to find one that emphasizes your particular brand of strength.

The story above is the story of this blog and of my Etsy shop.  While Etsy allows you to see the products, it doesn't allow you to see behind the scenes or really get to know your friendly neighborhood Etsy seller. 

Beginning 7/12/2017 you will see all of the behind the scenes and even some free patterns as I embark on this wonderful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment